Breaking News

(Oral Communication)- Speech





Everyone has a story. It might be started in marvelous one or not. To our very special teacher, Ms. Rowena Cortez, ma’am. To our dear teachers, ma’am, sir. To my fellow students, ladies and gentlemen, a pleasant day. Today I take pride to share with you how Ms. Cortez reached the dream she has.  Maybe one of us know or don’t know the bunch of struggles she stepped aside.

First, I will introduce you who she is. Ms. Rowena Cortez live in Paing, Bantay, Ilocos Sur. His father is Rico Cortez (deceased) and her mother is Loren Pinto. In her elementary days she studied in Paing Elementary School and graduated in the year 2006. In secondary level, she studied in Ilocos Sur National High School and graduated in the year 2010.

In the year 2014, Ms. Rowena graduated in University of Northern Philippines with the course, Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English. She began her work at St. Louis University as an instructor in the year 2015, September to December. She was also appointed to be a teacher at Divine Word College of Bangued in the year 2016, June to November. And last December 5, 2016 up to present her work place is in Ilocos Sur National High School with a position title Teacher I.
She shared with us the hindrance she faced in attaining her goal. One of this is the financial problem. Her parents couldn’t afford to send her in school due to financial problem, so she needed to beg for scholarship to support herself. And lastly she lost her interest in studying when her father died a semester before she graduated in college. She mentioned that she couldn’t bare the grief she has during that time so she frequently late and absent in her classes. But despite to those problems she had, she is now a star in a crowd.

Today, it’s time to thank her with her works. She scarify herself just to teach us. Ma’am, thank you for everything. I will set you as an inspiration for me to achieve my goals. I learned not to give up despite the problems I have. I assure, after my studies, I will come over you as a teacher. And lastly, HAPPY TEACHER’S DAY.

PREPARED BY: GROUP 2


No comments